2019 Volunteer Training Dates
Spring – February 16, 2019
Summer – June 1, 2019
Fall – September 7, 2019
Session 1 February 25 - April 4
Session 2 April 15 - May 23
Session 3 June 3 - July 11
Session 4 July 22 - August 29
Session 5 September 9 - October 17
Session 6 October 28 - December 5
All volunteer trainings are held at NKT on a Saturday. Trainings will begin at 9:00 am and end approximately at 12:00pm. Each participant must arrive at the training with a copy of the Volunteer Handbook and ALL forms filled out.
For more information, please contact Jodie Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-764-4220
Lesson Volunteer Qualifications
- Must be 14 years old to work with horse and rider in the arena.
- Must be dependable and have a reliable means of transportation.
- Must enjoy working with people with disabilities.
- Must be in reasonably good health and able to walk for 45 minutes.
- Must attend a Volunteer Training session and, if applicable, a horse skills evaluation/Horse Leader Training Session
- Must fill out and sign all volunteer paperwork.
- NO HORSE EXPERIENCE NECESSARY